Mar 14, 2013

Miniature project

As you know I am a sucker for anything miniature, and since my other little projects (the curiosity shoppe, steampunk pin cushion, and whimsy lane) were so well received at the shop (they all sold at Christmas) I have been inspired to do more. This is my latest. It's another fabulous mini from Twiddleybitz. They market it as an ATC (artist trading card) hinged box, but, you know me..I like to think OUT of the box! 
I decided this would make a perfect miniature perfume cabinet. Hope you like it :)
first, this is how it comes, in pieces with instructions:


 and this is my interpretation. A beautiful little perfume cabinet!



 The shelving I added in..
 the perfume bottles I hand made from beads and metal bead ends, and miniature glass bottles.

 This bottom shelf has a recipe book in the back, a jar of rose petals, and a jar of lavender sprigs, all hand made by me. The lavender sprigs are so tiny. It's my favourite part of the whole piece.









13 comments:

  1. This is just so gorgeous. I am sure it will sell as quickly as the others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mynx! I hope so. I put a lot of love into this little project:-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You must have very talented tiny little fingers and the patience of a saint. xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about tiny fingers, but patience I have a lot of. Plus I'm a sucker for detail :)

      Delete
    2. Detail schmetail......give me paint and a big canvas and nothing fiddly to fiddle about with! I'll leave that to talented patient people like you. xo

      Delete
    3. Oh I like big canvases to... just finished one actually :)

      Delete
  3. Wow. Anybody shooting a film in your area who needs a set designer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible. Did you use a magnifying glass to do this?;)

    How small is this thing? Need a coin for reference.

    Amazed.

    Hey, I can read really blurry small numbers to prove that I'm not a robot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! no magnifying glass, but boy I wish I had tweezers! lol.
      it's just under 6 inches high, and the lavender bottle is one inch.

      Delete
  5. Hey, where..how to buy this hinged box, including the small things include..?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say :)