Aug 12, 2011

Movie Remakes.. what's with that?



OK, so I am all for them remaking a good old classic movie. Especially one that is like 100 years old and they can really take it to another level with today’s technology. That fine, I say, I’ll watch it, see how it measures up to the original. Then again, if it ain't broke, don’t fix it. Countless good old classics were ruined with modern remakes.
But seriously.. Spiderman? Really? The first Spiderman was made only back in 2002 and they are talking about remaking all of the Spiderman movies. Why? Because they didn’t suck enough the FIRST time around?  They have rehashed so many bad story lines they have none left? Leave them be. I beg you.
Oh and don’t even get me started with “Dirty Dancing”
Dirty Dancing = Patrick Swayze. 
You can’t change that. It’s about as impossible to change as..as..the time it takes the earth to orbit the sun.
It just can’t be done. I’m sorry but I’ve got to put my foot down on this one. Poor Patrick would be turning in his grave after hearing this one. Who could they possibly get to play Johnny, and Baby? If they put some prissy little Glee/High School Musical type freaks in it I think I will spontaneously combust on the spot.

I’m warning them....

10 comments:

  1. I'm excited about Spiderman, but mainly because its starring Andrew Garfield http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Andrew-Garfield-Spider-Man-costume.jpg
    and he's amazing!!

    But totally agree on Dirty Dancing!! Ugh, no. No need, why are they even thinking. Silly Hollywood, always concerned with profit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just talking to my husband the other day about all of the shows we grew up with being re-made!! Not only 'Spiderman', but the 'Green Hornet', 'Charlie's Angels', 'The Beverly Hillbillies', etc...I could go on, but I'm starting to get ill. O_0

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ruth I know right! It's just wrong.
    @Poetess Some of them are good, most are not :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you loud and clear (although I think my wife is a little more concerned about Dirty Dancing than I am). I think they should make a movie about a guy who thinks he's spiderman. And maybe Dirty Dancing could go sci-fi? Er, maybe I'll just stick with the Spiderman idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're probably right. They will never find anyone to play Johnny and Baby the way Patrick and Jennifer played them. But, I will probably see the remake anyway just out of curiousity because Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I heard they were doing a remake I couldn't believe it! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    The sweetness of this film will be lost. Sad, sad, sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classics should be left alone. They had their time.

    There are so many books that could now be made into movies, because of CGI. New stories, characters, heroes and writing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely, positively, agree. Dirty Dancing fans UNITE! Johnny will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be Patrick Swayze. And Jennifer Grey will be the only Baby.

    Sadly, the potential cast list (so far) features High School Musical/Glee actors. If they feel it necessary to remake this film, the least they can do is cast unknowns. Ugh, I'm just really bummed over this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @dbs A dirty dancing spider?
    @Leslie I am torn. To see it or not.
    @Carole I know, I agree.
    @Ant OMG can just see David Eddings "Sparhawk" thundering across the screen on his great roan horse Faran. Produced by the same people doing Game of Thrones, so they don't wreck it.
    @Frisky I know I read yours and googled the actors :( Unknowns would have been so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the same thing about Dirty Dancing and I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say :)