Things I learnt while travelling...
- Driving for 24 hours straight does things to me. And not in a good way. Stabbing Husband seems like more fun.
- I realised that the fluffy bits of brown and white road-kill were once bunnies :(
- Kangaroos wait until you are coming right at them before they decide to jump across the highway.
- Being stuck in a freezing cold car, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere for 2 and a half hours while they clear the highway of a truck accident does things to me. And not in a good way.(btw the driver was fine)
- Having to drive through...feathers....after the truck in front of you has mowed down a bird is not fun.
- Sleep is good. It is your friend.
- Being in a confined space after having a coffee is not good, for two reasons 1) when you need to pee while being stuck on a highway, in the middle of nowhere (re: truck accident), your Hubby is mortified when he has to hold a towel around you while you squat beside the car. (uncontrollable giggling on your part does not make him any more impressed). And 2) The extremely putrid fart you do later is enough to lay a whole town to waste. (my lactose intolerance) Immediate evacuation is required. No matter how cold it is outside.
- Never EVER use a truck rest stop toilet. Ever.... never ever. (The story is too horrible to tell)
- There's no place like home...There's no place like home....