Apr 9, 2012

Kentucky Fried Rabbit..

My son has Aspergers. One of his little quirks is that sometimes he takes things quite literally, and he doesn't understand sarcasm. You never know when he will do this.. and sometimes I am astounded at some of the things his brain tells him...given how smart he is.
For example..
This year for Easter he told us that he wanted a "Crunchy" bunny. Crunchy being a type of chocolate here. Hubby then tells him that he will crispy fry a rabbit for him.
"NOO!!" my son wails.."I don't want you to fry a bunny...! I want a CHOCOLATE one...!!" truly petrified.
He is 11,  people... 11!


And THAT is just one example of the wonderful world of Aspie kids.




13 comments:

  1. As a carer I could tell you a thousand tales of Aspergers.

    Hope your boy got his choccy rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akkkkk....when I read the title of this post my heart started racing! but then I read your cute story and had a chuckle. I hope your hubby gave him the biggest chocolate bunny he could find after his sick joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine the funny and poignant things your son must say. I'm glad things turned out okay and he got his "chocolate" bunny. But fried bunny sounds intriguing also....

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww what a sweetheart though, he didn't want a fried bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fried bunny could have been an Aussie delicacy.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Secret recipe I bet. Nice new blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Carole I know you love your bunnys! lol.
    @Stephen, yes he does come out with some thought provoking stuff.
    @Caren I know.. bless him..
    @Ant YUCK ANT!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't eats bunny wabbits.
    @Dbs errk.. and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lizbeth Welcome to my page :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW, I KNOW. I WASN'T BEING LITERAL.;)

    Why are we yelling?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I DON'T KNOW!!

    Phew.. that was loud..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say :)