Dec 12, 2010

Special Children's Christmas Party

Today we took our son to the annual Special Children's Christmas Party. It was held at the convention centre and I can honestly say it was awesome! It was held over two of the huge halls and was full of jumping castles of every shape and size and a giant ball pit (which reminded me of my favourite Big Bang Theory episode. BAZINGA!) While waiting in the line at the sinking Titanic jumping castle, we got to talking to another mother who had her little son with her. She told us that she didn't know if he would be able to climb up the chute that led to the top of the slide, so my son took the little boy in charge, and guided him up the stairs and even slid down the slide with him, each time. One camera man thought it was so cute (more like a great piece of footage) he filmed it and it was on the evening news! We were so proud of him! (Our son...not the camera man, though I am sure he is talented....)
There were police vehicles and a bunch of Harley Davidson's for the kids to get photos with. Our boy sat on a police motorbike. There were also heaps of characters walking around the halls. Our son got photos with Darth Vader, A bunch of Storm Troopers, and the dude from Halo!
He got to pat baby farm animals, and a police puppy-in-training, and saw a police horse do a huge pee on the carpet (which he thought was hilarious). He got a huge blue and white balloon hat given to him by some talented policemen (who apparently moonlight as balloon artists).
Every kid who went (and there were heaps), got a present at the end as well. Our son got a really cool remote control Camaro (like Bumblebee) with light-up wheels, some light-up dice, and this cool flashlight with a radio and a compass in it.
It was a big day, but it was also a GREAT day. 
ARMED AND DANGEROUS!
(This was outside before we went into the halls.)

7 comments:

  1. your son is ADORABLE!!! I am soooo happy that all of you had such a great time! He really IS a cutie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The organization that plans this must be great. I love it when people do things for kids just because it's the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping by to say Hi,
    I know it's Sunday but I am still hopping from Saturday!
    You have a lovely blog and I am now a new follower, I would love it if you would follow me back too.
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas
    Helen x
    www.acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Caren He is a handsome boy isnt he? I know I'll be beating off the girls with a stick pretty soon!

    @dbs It was a combined effort this one, because it is such a big day. The major sponsor is 4KQ radio, also The city council, and the convention centre where it was held, and alot of other companies. The presents alone would have cost then into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not for sponsorship.

    @Rumtruffle Hi and welcome to my page! Thankyou for the lovely comment. I shall pop over to your page to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little convention sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day, filled with fun. I've hopped over to visit and hope you'll do the same and follow us at Critter Alley. Have a great day!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ paulsifer Hi and welcome. Yes it was a great day, and they do it every year. The kids loved it.

    @K9friend Hi and welcome to you as well! I'll pop over and have a look.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say :)